Ryan’s Go-Tos: Father’s Day At Fresh Air Kelowna
Father’s Day is just around the corner (June 19th, mark your calendars!). If you’re shopping for those busy outdoors-loving dads out there, we have a little inspiration from a man who really knows his gear and what it’s like to be a dad on the go. We sat down with our very own Fresh Air Kelowna dad and co-owner Ryan Olar to get insight on his favourite gear and why.
“When you wear a lot of hats the days are busy and jam-packed! All my favourite gear needs to work whether I'm on my mountain bike, at work or watching the kids play in the pool,” said Ryan. “The brands we carry are multi-purpose, durable and reliable so I can switch gears and not have to change or worry about what I’m wearing.”
For the dad who’s hitting the Kelowna mountain biking trails to stay safe and comfortable.
“For mountain biking safety is a top priority but it has to be comfortable and it doesn’t hurt if it looks great too.”
- Specialized Trail Pant - Stylish, breathable and you don’t have to worry about getting caught up in your chain ring.
- Mons Royale Tarn Shift Raglan 3/4 - This is a great fitting, lightweight merino jersey that dries quickly and works for exposed trails on sunny days or shaded forest tracks.
- Smith Wildcat Glasses - These are an all-around classic. They never slip when riding and work for exposed trails or low light days.
- Scott Stego Plus Helmet - Amazing mountain biking helmet for aggressive trail riding yet super comfortable and light.
- Dakine Covert Glove - Gloves are a pretty individual item, you have to try a lot to find the right fit for you and these ones work great for me. A close fit and the perfect amount of grip.
A Fresh Air sports tank top and cushy sandals make for beach-ready Kelowna summers.
“Living in Kelowna you need a go-to beach look and this is mine. Effortless and maybe even a little cool?”
- Smith Lowdown XL Glasses - An absolute classic sunglass. Timeless, always cool and amazing chroma-pop lenses.
- Reef Cushion Phantom LE Sandals - These are a classic summer sandal made extra durable with a moulded footbed.
- Fresh Air Tank - You know it's officially summer if you see me wearing my Fresh Air tank top. Enough said.
- Vuori Cape Short - These are not just for the beach. A great all-around, versatile short. Super quick drying, lightweight and great for pretty much any activity.
Dad Mode — engage! The right look for cracking dad jokes and keeping up with the kids.
“We all know Dad Mode means switching gears. A LOT. We need stretch, durability and comfort for everything the day (or kids) throw at us.”
- Vuori Sunday Jogger - These have become a new classic. Unbeatable comfort and perfect for the sidelines at soccer, lounging by the pool at home or making dinner.
- Scott Kinabalu Ultra RC Shoe - These shoes are perfect for trail ultramarathons or, in my case — when in full dad mode.
- Smith Lowdown XL - again, an absolute classic. These work for just about everything.
Roark Great Well Worn T-Shirt - This is a staple shirt for me. It has a worn-in soft feel and a great fit.
For when dad’s gotta work, Ryan hits the Fresh Air shop floor in style.
“Work mode Ryan. Need I say more.”
- 686 Everywhere Pant - These get a lot of wear. They work for everything and are a perfect every day pant.
- Fresh Air T-Shirt - All our staff wear these soft wash t-shirts at the stores.
Reef Cushion Phantom LE Sandals - Not just for the beach, these are comfortable enough to wear while at work on my feet all day.
Tee off then run off to your next plans in versatile, comfortable clothing like the 686 Everywhere Pant, that goes where you go.
“I love golfing with Amie and our son Jack but we’re often coming from or going to another activity so this is my go-to for golf days.”
- 686 Everywhere Pant - There isn’t much this pant can’t do. Lightweight and cool enough for golfing and anything else you have planned for the day.
- Okanagan Lifestyle Polo - A classic Kelowna Brand. They make a great golf polo and this one gets a ton of use.
- Oakley M2 Sunglasses - Perfect for a huge range of vision needed for a great game of golf.
Can’t decide? No stress, we’ve also got gift cards.
For the dad who does it all — head over to our sports stores in Kelowna for gifts that will make him feel like the #1 dad (without the mug). See what’s in store.